Over the past three weeks I've learned a lot about being a mom. Maylee has been such a good baby - she really only fusses when she's hungry or needs a diaper change (I know this could quickly change, but as if now we're counting our blessings), she sleeps well, and she is really happy and content when she's awake.
Last Thursday Maylee had a rough time eating before bed. When I got up with her a few hours later, she had a hard time again. After I tried to get her to eat for over an hour, I decided to lay her back down and attempt to feed her an hour or so later. She wasn't interested in going back to bed, and she started to cry... Big, long, loud cries...
A few hours later we were both exhausted and both in tears. We had a pajama party day, and I tried to calm her down the best I could. I checked her temperature, read her books, took her outside... nothing was helping. After a long long day, Nick and I began to discuss what could have been bothering her all day.
Then it hit me. We had Cafe Rio for dinner! I didn't even think about how thy meal could affect Maylee's food and mood.
It's kind of funny now, although it was a hard day at the time... But this is what it looks like when you baby has a sweet pork salad.
Not good. I've still got a lot to learn about parenthood. Thank goodness I now know how much what I eat affects my baby! I won't be doing that again!
Luckily after 24 hours our happy, content baby is back :)


No comments:
Post a Comment