We went in for my 38 week appointment, and I'm so glad Nick was able to come with me.
Our little baby decided she didn't want to stay head down like she had been for the past little while....
Silly girl. No wonder I was feeling so sore a few days before, she was somersaulting around in there!
Our little baby decided she didn't want to stay head down like she had been for the past little while....
Silly girl. No wonder I was feeling so sore a few days before, she was somersaulting around in there!
My doctor explained that due to my fluid levels and how far along I was, it was very unlikely for her to turn head down again.
Who knows how she changed her position in the first place....
He said he'd do a version if I wanted to go that route, but after he explained some of the risks I wasn't sure how comfortable I felt with trying to get her to turn.
Who knows how she changed her position in the first place....
He said he'd do a version if I wanted to go that route, but after he explained some of the risks I wasn't sure how comfortable I felt with trying to get her to turn.
We decided to wait until the following Tuesday, June 25th, to see if she flipped back.
If not, we were going to move forward with having a C-section on June 27th.
If not, we were going to move forward with having a C-section on June 27th.
She hadn't flipped back, so we were able to make plans to have her on the 27th.
| 39 weeks |
We got to the hospital at 5:00 am - neither of us slept much the night before since we were so excited!
The C-section was scheduled for 7:00 am, so we had a couple hours to get prepped and hang out.
They wheeled me to the operating room at 6:45 and gave me a spinal block.
The next thing I knew, Nick was in there and within a matter of minutes we heard a few coughs and a little baby cry.
They wheeled me to the operating room at 6:45 and gave me a spinal block.
The next thing I knew, Nick was in there and within a matter of minutes we heard a few coughs and a little baby cry.
Maylee Ann Shober was born at 7:09 am and was 6 pounds 7 ounces and 18 inches long.
Nick went over to see her while they finished putting me back together.
Our parents were all able to be with Nick in the nursery when she was bathed, weighed, etc.
Before long, Maylee was wheeled into my room and we all took turns loving on her.
Nick and I spent 4 days at the hospital, and we made our way home on Sunday afternoon.
Nick and I spent 4 days at the hospital, and we made our way home on Sunday afternoon.
Maylee had lots guests during her first week and was able to spend lots of time with her grandparents.
We were so lucky to have my mom come spend the week with us and we were so spoiled!
Linda was also able to come down and take a few cute baby pictures.
We've had a good week at home and are getting adjusted to taking care of our sweet little Maylee.
Nick and I are so grateful to be parents to Maylee and we're loving spending time together as a family :)
What a wonderful week it's been!
I can't even explain how blessed we feel and how much love we have for Maylee.
We were so lucky to have my mom come spend the week with us and we were so spoiled!
Linda was also able to come down and take a few cute baby pictures.
We've had a good week at home and are getting adjusted to taking care of our sweet little Maylee.
Nick and I are so grateful to be parents to Maylee and we're loving spending time together as a family :)
What a wonderful week it's been!
I can't even explain how blessed we feel and how much love we have for Maylee.

Hooray! I have been waiting for the Maylee birth story blog post! She's darling! Heath, I can't tell you happy we are for you! Love ya
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful and perfect!!!! So excited for her to be here! Enjoy :)
ReplyDelete