I started writing a post a while back about how much I liked getting good deals....
when I look back, I truly feel like there has been a part of my life where I was almost "addicted" to bargain hunting.
I constantly looked at things I didn't need.... and I even bought them....
ONLY because it was a discounted price.
when I look back, I truly feel like there has been a part of my life where I was almost "addicted" to bargain hunting.
I constantly looked at things I didn't need.... and I even bought them....
ONLY because it was a discounted price.
I wish my previous post was still around, but it looks like I deleted it.
This post gave examples of the things I bought.
I remember typing something like "I bought 24 Christmas scented foam soaps from Bath and Body Works for only $25"...
and I was so so proud of it.
I was a semi-extreme deal shopper, always on the hunt for a good deal... even if I didn't need 24 soaps on hand
(and didn't have anywhere to put them in our small-ish apartment).
This post gave examples of the things I bought.
I remember typing something like "I bought 24 Christmas scented foam soaps from Bath and Body Works for only $25"...
and I was so so proud of it.
I was a semi-extreme deal shopper, always on the hunt for a good deal... even if I didn't need 24 soaps on hand
(and didn't have anywhere to put them in our small-ish apartment).
I've taken on a special assignment for my graduate project to educate students about all areas within financial literacy.
Managing your finances is a big deal, and there are lots of college students that find themselves in trouble after graduation.
I always assumed that Nick and I were pretty great at managing our money -
we've been fortunate enough to be able to save a good amount of money
and I, of course, know how to deal hunt ;)
As I've begun to do some research, I've found that we actually have multiple areas within our spending habits that could use improvement.
I guess I was in a small state of denial at first, but it finally dawned on me.
Managing your finances is a big deal, and there are lots of college students that find themselves in trouble after graduation.
I always assumed that Nick and I were pretty great at managing our money -
we've been fortunate enough to be able to save a good amount of money
and I, of course, know how to deal hunt ;)
As I've begun to do some research, I've found that we actually have multiple areas within our spending habits that could use improvement.
I guess I was in a small state of denial at first, but it finally dawned on me.
The past 6 weeks I've taken a "good deal website" fast.
This made a HUGE difference for us.
At first, I can honestly say that I almost felt like I was going through withdrawals....
it was a temptation for me to just take a little peek at my "good deal websites".
I'm to the point now where I can look without buying things I wasn't planning to buy.
If I see a deal on paper towels and they're on my list, I'll buy them. If they aren't on my list, I won't.
I had an "ah-hah!" sort of moment today when I read this article.
I was THAT person...
This made a HUGE difference for us.
At first, I can honestly say that I almost felt like I was going through withdrawals....
it was a temptation for me to just take a little peek at my "good deal websites".
I'm to the point now where I can look without buying things I wasn't planning to buy.
If I see a deal on paper towels and they're on my list, I'll buy them. If they aren't on my list, I won't.
I had an "ah-hah!" sort of moment today when I read this article.
I was THAT person...
I've also been attending a Dave Ramsey financial workshop put on by Zions Bank
(Nick has class during it, otherwise he'd be there with me!).
Tonight is our 4th meeting, where we will discuss debt and credit cards.
(Nick has class during it, otherwise he'd be there with me!).
Tonight is our 4th meeting, where we will discuss debt and credit cards.
Great post! This is sooo true. I have a few friends that are big bargain hunters, and they are totally obsessed with "stuff." That's all they ever talk about, and I feel like all they ever think about. I'm sure it costs them more money in the long run. Having been on both sides of the money end (destitute and otherwise), I have to watch myself so I don't fall into that too. Good luck with your saving endeavors! :)
ReplyDelete