Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Valentine

Two years ago I ordered Nick a puzzle with a picture of us on it for Valentine's Day.  I tried to not procrastinate and I ordered it a couple weeks ahead of time.  It arrived later than expected and it did not have the cute photo of us at the Jazz game on it.... I was stuck with a puzzle picture of 6 random girls!  Because I was running out of time to come up with a new gift, I decided to still give it to him...   That night we put together the puzzle and imagined the conversations the girls had when they mistakably received a puzzle with two lovebirds on it instead of their sorority sisters. 
This year it was my turn to plan our Valentine's date.  We've been trying really hard to save money for our upcoming trip (and a house eventually too), so I made a homemade meal for us to enjoy.  To give us the "out to eat" feel, I made a menu complete with our appetizers, entree, and dessert. 



After dinner, we watched the Biggest Loser (which we really don't care for this season....) and put together a puzzle with us on it!  We had tons of fun just hanging out for Valentine's day.  Nick has been so busy working 2 jobs and finishing up his last semester of school.... he told me one of his gifts for me was to not do homework on Valentine's day... what a good gift!  Hopefully he doesn't have to pay for it for the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment