Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Costa Rica

We just got back from a trip to Costa Rica - 
my parents had been planning a trip since last Spring - 
when they invited us to go too we were really excited!  
My parents also invited Nick's parents - 
it was so fun to travel with our parents again.

We spent the first few nights in La Fortuna, an area surrounding a big volcano.  
Because of the volcano, there are lots of hot springs in the area - 
we went to a couple different hot springs, took a jungle cruise, ate some yummy food, and relaxed quite a bit.  
Everyone also went zip-lining 
(minus me as that's probably not the safest activity as a pregnant lady - I went to the spa instead).









Manuel Antonio was our next stop - 
we stayed right close to the beach and it was so pretty there!  
We took a sunset catamaran cruise and spent lots of time at the beach!  
One day we went on a nature hike through one of their national parks - 
the hike ended at a low tide beach that was so fun!  
My parents also got some restaurant recommendations from friends that had been to the same area - 
my favorite was a restaurant in Quepos where Nick and I shared some delicious chimi's and macademia pie!
On the catameran







I know I'm missing pinpointing so many more things we were able to do - 
we had a great trip and are so glad we were able to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment