Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm Pregnant!

April Fools.

Isn't April fools the weirdest day? My poor Grandpa was born on April fools day.... I can only imagine what it was like growing up with your birthday on April 1st.

I thought it would be funny to pull a prank on Nick - I had my plan all ready. I had a dollar store pregnancy test and I got one of my pregnant friends to help me make it positive. When it came time to put the prank into action though, I got scared (I know right...) and my initial plan fell through. Wanting to still make my prank go into action, I made up some crazy story to tell Nick. "You know how I've been sick? Well, I kept dreaming last night that I was pregnant. In the middle of the night I felt way sick and was kind of out of it, so I decided to take a pregnancy test. I initially thought it was negative and went back to bed, but when I woke up this morning I realized I read it wrong Nick! It's positive! What if I'm PREGNANT!"

His response: "Heather, you are so funny. Don't worry, you aren't pregnant. Those dollar store pregnancy tests probably always come out positive."

FOR REAL?!?! Dangit!

I didn't admit to Nick that I was trying to pull a prank on him yet. So... as of now my husband still thinks I'm taking crazy pills and used a pregnancy test in the middle of the night because of some weird dreams I was having combined with a stomach ache!

The best part was asking my cute pregnant friend to rig my pregnancy test. We laughed for like 10 minutes straight.... so I guess it was worth it? Maybe after today is over I'll find out that my wedding ring getting thrown in the trash was a joke too... (Neither of us did it.... the jeweler did) but I guess only time will tell!

1 comment: