








Unreal. The night before this devastating event I was traveling to Kanab with some co-workers. As we were driving back, I was asking them if their wives had 72 hour kits - the both said no. I continued to talk about how I felt like it was important to make a few 72 hour kits for Nick and I to keep on hand - we talked about getting a group together and making some because you just never know!
I have no idea how these people could even begin to prepare for this natural disaster they have been experiencing. Everything they own was destroyed and they are left with nothing. However, if there was any way that I could be prepared for some sort of unexpected tragedy, I sure hope I would be.
Here's to making 72 hour kits! I will do some research and make a good list - then I'll share it in case any of you feel like you need one too!
You can see more images here
There are few things that I feel stronger about than 72 hour kits/food storage. I have a great list that takes care of all the basics and then has things that you can add on it you have the space/money. I have six 72 hour kits that are updated at least every 6 months. I can't imagine what it would feel like if something happened and my kids didn't have food/clothes/medicine/etc.
ReplyDeleteIf you want a copy of my list, just let me know :)
I would LOVE a copy of your list! I was going to add a few things to it (like certain medicine, a winding radio, ponchos etc) but I would love to know what you've done! My email address is heathershober@gmail.com if you could email it :) Thanks Leslie!
ReplyDelete